Goal for 2011

It pedal to the metal time or rather brush to the canvas because I took a giant leap and scheduled an art show for December 2011. That's 10 months away, but in watercolor time its like three seconds. So I am back painting in the caboose, I have a table set up at home and in between my two/threeish jobs I am a painting fool!

In 2005 and 2006 when I spent the summer in Miwani, Kenya, I drew every night with the kids and taught art classes at a local school. All these drawings came home with me along with a promise to put on an art show to raise money for the community. Well its finally going to happen! I have until December to frame all their pieces and finish mine. Once the time gets closer I am hoping to run an article in the newspaper and get a little publicity afterall December is the "season of giving" right?

The show is going to be at a restaurant on the Island that has ample wall space, maybe too much, but I am determined to finish at least three big pieces this year (more than I have ever done in a single year).

Check out the venue: Treehouse Cafe

And to not leave anyone who might check into this blog on a semi-regular basis hanging,
mmm...who am I kidding...
here is a quick peak at whats to come:

Picture courtesy of Marit Krueger

This second picture is my first painting in the process. It is just coming out of the ugly stage (as I have coined because all painting go through this stage at one point or another). The whole piece will be posted when I finish it.

Based off a picture taken on my 35mm

Stay tuned.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The stories one by one.

The Newest Story