Passion Grows: Commission Piece

I am shooting for one post a year it looks like. In my defense 2010 was full of moving countries, getting married twice and starting a new life. So painting had to be squeezed into spare moments. However, this piece was not rushed. This is a story of passion, passion flowers. They were my cousin's wedding flower and he asked me to do a piece for his wife for their anniversary. Now of course any painting has to come with a story and this painting has a worldy story.

We were living in Chile when I got this commission. And right outside out apartment a passion vine was exploding with blooms. Not only did I get to pick the lighting for my models but I got to choose the perfect flowers for Eric and Liz. And of course because they have a budding baby boy, I had to include him in the painting. This painting has survived an 8.8 earthquake, the chaos of moving continents, and customs officials.

So Happy Anniversary Liz just in time for Christmas!

Passion
Watercolor

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goal for 2011

The stories one by one.

Full Circle: Social Media Connects!