A Day at the Beach: Past and Present


Past and Present
Watercolor

While my imagination runs wild with color and images, I usually tend to stick to painting from photographs that I have taken. I wish I could just paint from my mind, but my detailed obsessive brain wants the image right in front of me. That is why, when my cousin sent me various photos to collage and turn into a painting I was nervous to say the least. I love painting people up close, but she didn´t want people to be the main focus. I don´t do landscape, but she wanted wide open spaces with wind and water and color. So this is me stepping out of my comfort bubble.

Two of her children help create the story and one very special character from the past is painted in. She is our grandmother who with her family visited this same beach every summer.

Grandma, you have the best seat in the house now. Sitting high above the livingroom, a window into our lives from the beach you loved the most. We love you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goal for 2011

The stories one by one.

The Newest Story